Cool and refreshing for the national holiday of the United States – and even better, you can typically get fresh strawberries this time of year (which makes for FANTASTIC margaritas). For a beautifully refreshing blended margarita, add these red, white and blue margaritas to your 4th of July menu. No matter how you celebrate the Fourth of July, it’s almost guaranteed that there will be food involved. And what’s a cookout or family dinner without a holiday themed drink to top it all off?
- 5 Oz Silver agave tequila
- 4 Oz Simple Syrup
- 4 Oz Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lb Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Oz Cointreau or other triple sec orange liqueur
- 2 Cups of Ice
- 1 T Dell Cove Spices & More’s Blood Orange extract
- Blueberries and colorful straws for garnish
- Dell Cove Spices & More’s Teal Margarita salt
- Dell Cove Spices & More’s White Margarita salt
Pour teal salt and white salt into a circle onto a plate – half of the circle in white, the other in teal. Moisten chilled glasses with lime wedge or simple syrup. Dip glass rims into the salt, tap off excess salt and set aside. Place all of the drink ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the ice and blend on high until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
- Rocks glasses
- Dell Cove Spices’ cocktail salts
- Dell Cove Spices’ blood orange extract
Want to learn how to rim a glass with cocktail sugar or margarita salt for your Red White Blue Margaritas recipe, a different fresh fruit margarita, another Red White & Blue tequila drink – or any Fourth of July inspired drink? Check out our easy to follow recipe tutorial.
Want to serve this on the rocks, rather than make a frozen margaritas recipe? Add all liquids into a cocktail shaker, along with a scoop of ice cubes. Cover shaker and shake until shaker is chilled. Strain into ice-filled, salt rimmed glasses and serve. Drink photos by Irina Smirnova.